This salmon was so easy to make and was delicious! There was very little prep work for it aside from combining the ingredients for the salsa. I removed the skin from our salmon filets, but if you prefer to leave it on, that is perfectly fine as well.
I had some cous cous in the cabinet, so I cooked some of that (with chicken stock instead of water, for some extra flavor) and diced up an onion and some garlic to sautee in some olive oil. I added the cooked cous cous to the cooked onion and garlic and then chopped up some parsley to add at the end. It was a great side dish with the salmon!
Roasted Salmon with Basil & Mango Salsa
2 wild salmon filets
1 1/2 cups diced organic mango
1 cup organic tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 Tbsp organic basil, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and black pepper for seasoning to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Brush salmon filets with olive oil, season with salt and pepper
3. Grease baking dish with olive oil and place salmon filets in dish
4. Combine remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper
5. Pour mango mixture over salmon and place filets in oven. Roast until salmon is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
What are the nutritional benefits of this meal? Salmon gives nice dose of omega-3s and protein. Mangos are packed with vitamin C and are also a good source of vitamin A. Tomatoes also provide a large amount of vitamin C as well as lycopene. Basil is rich in vitamin K - just 2 tsp provide 60% of the daily value!
Post a Comment